After almost two years of remodeling, upgrading, and expanding, the former Golden RV Park near Mineola, Texas will reopen in January as Roadrunner Acres RV Ranch. Rebuilding the ranch has been a labor of love for us, and we’re proud of the final result. It’s a very special place to us and all the new residents who now live here!
We moved to Mineola from Dallas in 2015 after being “weekenders” in East Texas for the better part of the previous 20 years. We have not only experienced the RV lifestyle for several years on Lake Fork and Horseshoe Bend Lake near Winnsboro, but we also love to fish on our time off, so this part of the great state of Texas is like paradise to us.
When we first found out that Golden RV Park was up for sale, we jumped at the chance to buy it. The park was pretty run down and definitely needed some serious TLC, but it had good bones. And although it took longer than we had anticipated to complete the remodeling and rebuilding process, it was worth all the blood, sweat, and tears.
Roadrunner Acres RV Ranch is now a unique residential community that offers a long list of improvements and amenities that aren’t often found in “standard” RV parks, such as:
- Scenic and peaceful ranch-style environment on 8+ acres of beautiful land
- Numerous large live oak, silver maple, and cedar trees, as well as many crape myrtles and red-tip photinias
- Wide asphalt roads and double parking spaces
- 24 generously sized sites
- Concrete RV pads (10′ wide by 32′ to 45′ long)
- Steel RV ports (20′ wide by 45′ long by 14′ high)
- Picnic tables on concrete pads with solar “night lights”
- Privacy fences with storage alcoves
- Individual mailboxes
- 20/30/50-amp electrical connections
- Wireless (WiFi) and wired (DSL) high-speed Internet connections
- Satellite TV from DISH
- Large covered pavilion for gatherings
- 24-hour laundry room with commercial washers and dryers and TV
- 24-hour spacious unisex restroom with shower
- Fitness center with wide variety of exercise equipment and TV
- Large catch-and-release fishing pond
- Guest parking spaces
- Perimeter privacy fencing
- 24-hour video surveillance
- Security gate with entry keypad and wireless remotes
- Beautiful sunsets
- Monthly newsletter
- Much more!
Within a few months, we plan to add even more amenities for our residents, such as:
- Walking trail around entire ranch
- Fenced dog park
- Fishing pier for pond
- Boat trailer storage area
- Horseshoes, cornhole, chess/checkers, and other games
- Vending machines for drinks and snacks
- Quarterly events, including live music, food, etc.
To help accommodate our handicapped residents or guests, the entire ranch is ADA compliant.
Please feel free to e-mail us or call us at 903-530-2488 if you have any questions or need more information about Roadrunner Acres RV Ranch. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you as one of our new residents soon!