We love the tips from RVGoddess.com, especially the ones that pertain to cooking in an RV. Here are some great thoughts from one of the recent articles on that website.
Organizing your RV kitchen is fun and frustrating at the same time. There never seems to be enough room, and you will most likely reorganize your cabinets several times before you’re happy. Hopefully, these tips and ideas will help you plan and organize your kitchen on wheels.
Always put safety at the top of the list when it comes to the kitchen in your RV:
- Keep a reputable fire extinguisher in the kitchen and know how to use it.
- How does the water system work? Is your water safe to drink?
- Is your refrigerator cold enough (35-40 degrees)?
What Items Do You Really Need?
There seems to never be enough space in the RV kitchen, so here are a few things to consider:
- Do you really need that blender, hand mixer, or food processor?
- Measure your storage space carefully. Are you using all of it wisely?
- Wash the dishes regularly!
- For lightweight plastic storage items, shop your local party supply store.
- Open those cabinets every two or three months and purge them of unused items.
Practical Products for Your Kitchen
There are a number of must-haves for those who cook often in an RV, including:
- Oven thermometer
- Pizza stone
- Air-bake cookie sheet
- Spice rack
- Disposable aluminum pans
- Ziploc bags
- Parchment paper
- Plastic dishes and glasses
- Coffee maker
- Rice cooker
- Bread machine
- Vacuum sealer
You can get the rest of the details on the RVGoddess.com site. Bon appétit!
Please feel free to e-mail us or call us at 903-530-2488 if you have any questions or need more information about Roadrunner Acres RV Ranch. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you as one of our new residents soon!