When Roadrunner Acres RV Ranch officially opened the front gate to our first residents in January 2018, our unique residential community near the beautiful town of Mineola immediately set a higher standard. But this winter, just two short years after our grand opening, we’ll be debuting an ever bigger and better RV community in East Texas!
In early 2019, we learned that TxDOT was planning to widen U.S. 69 to a divided four-lane highway in front of our property. So we decided to make the best of the situation and use that event as a catalyst for making our property even bigger and better than ever before for all our residents.
The first thing we did was to hire Swank Construction as our general contractor. Then we worked closely with Michael Swanker, the owner of Swank Construction, to design a new and improved building, as well as determine how best to expand the RV sites, improve the roads, and add various amenities throughout Roadrunner Acres. Some of the planned enhancements include:
- Addition of five new RV sites, featuring large 45’x10′ concrete slabs (three of which will be covered by steel RV ports)
- Addition of a dedicated TV room
- Addition of a recreation room, including a billiard table and shuffleboard table
- Expansion of the laundry room to include more washers and dryers
- Improvement of the handicap-accessible bathroom
- Expansion of the fitness center to include even more exercise machines
- Addition of a rental suite for use by our residents’ guests (friends or family)
- And last, but certainly not least, the addition of a concrete and steel-reinforced storm shelter to protect all our residents in case of a tornado or other wind-related emergency
Also, as part of the TxDOT highway expansion project, Peoples Telephone Co-op will soon be installing fiber optic lines to every RV site at Roadrunner Acres, which means that our residents will then have high-speed internet access at their fingertips at all times (in addition to the free WiFi we currently provide).
So come on out to Roadrunner Acres RV Ranch and see what we have to offer you!
Please feel free to e-mail us or call us at 903-530-2488 if you have any questions or need more information about Roadrunner Acres RV Ranch. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you as one of our new residents soon!